My name is Rhyse Grewar, I am currently in year 10 at Eden Marine High school, I chose to do work experience at the Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre because I have always been interested in marine wildlife when I’m surfing or fishing in the ocean.
Over the past week that I have being here for I have done a lot of things such as:
- Collected crabs for Squishy (cuttlefish)
- Learnt how to pump new water for the tanks
- Caught my own fish called Rhyse (silver sweep) and put Rhyse in a tank
- Made games for the centre (Guess Who and Jenga)
- Attempted to feed Squishy (cuttlefish)
- Named all of the fish in the first tank and made signs for them
This week has being really fun and I recommend it for anyone that is looking for a fun and interesting volunteering experience.
P.s. Rhyse (Silver Sweep) is in the first tank in case you want to visit him