You can now DONATE ONLINE to support the Marine Discovery Centre
The Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre (SCMDC) is a multi-faceted Centre comprising a Marine Education and Research Centre, together with a Marine Discovery Centre, on the Far South Coast of NSW. Its home base is in Eden and its programs and activities stretch along the entire coastline of the Bega Valley Shire, from the Victorian border to Bermagui in the north.
The Discovery Centre promotes understanding of oceans and coasts by offering learning and knowledge experiences.
To be a centre of excellence in temperate marine research and education.
- To increase understanding of sustainable use of the oceans and coasts.
- To facilitate research into the temperate marine environment.
- To be a resource for specialist knowledge about the temperate marine environment.
- To provide a wide range of visitor experiences focussing on our unique natural assets.
- To offer educational opportunities for people of all ages
- To work with indigenous people to achieve our mission.
- To be a well managed not for profit organisation.
Our marine education curriculum and programs have been developed for school visits incorporating the hands-on experiences we offer.
Simultaneously, our Research Advisory Network is working to raise awareness of the abundant opportunities for scientific research our region offers.
Tuesday to Friday: 11am – 2pm
School Holidays (NSW, Victorian and ACT)
Tuesday to Saturday: 10am – 3pm
Closed Public Holidays.
Please call 6496 1699 for further details or to book into one of the school holiday activities.
Adults $7 | Seniors & Students $5 | Children $2 | Families $15