Our Marine Science Forums are open to the general public and feature a number of well known researchers giving presentations about their specific area of expertise.
2017 Marine Science Forum
From the beach to the deep
June 3 and 4, 2017 at the RSL Club in Merimbula
Join us for a weekend of fun and learning with scientists from across Australia. The speakers will be sharing their unique experiences working with extreme environments ranging from Antarctic colds to volcanic depths.
The weekend features 5 different scientists presenting their research and includes an outdoor excursion to get hands-on with science and then a night out with the forum dinner on the Saturday night.
- Matthew McArthur – freelance ecologist and marine science educator
It’s the little things that (I) count
- Dr Maria Byrne – Professor of Marine Biology, University of Sydney
Global warming and recurrent massbleaching of corals
- Mr Nathan Janetzki – PhD candidate, Flinders University
Snails know how to rock the heat
- Dr John W. Runcie – Honorary Research Associate, School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Sydney
Photosynthesis under pressure: survival at extreme depths and temperatures
- Dr Iain Suthers – University of New South Wales and Sydney Institute of Marine Science
The whole enchilada: from ocean production to predation in the East Australian Current
Or download and complete the 2017 Forum Registration-Form
The 2017 forum is co-hosted by the ACT branch of the Australian Marine Sciences Association.
We are always looking for researchers willing to present at our forums. If you are interested in presenting, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programs from our previous Marine Science Forums can be downloaded. See below: