Discover the magic of the marine environment through engaging, curriculum based, hands-on activities that will have students excited to learn.
We offer a wide variety of fun educational programs both in the centre and that can come to you.
- are an exciting, investigative, interactive discovery of our unique marine environment
- are aligned with NSW, ACT and Victorian curricula
- are flexible to suit your needs. We can work with you to mould a program that suits your group
- are varied in both content and location. Programs are run in our discovery centre in Eden, outdoors exploring the marine environment and we have some programs that can visit your school or community centre
- can include comprehensive pre and post – program resources
The Australian National University Regional Partnerships Program is proud to support the Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre through sponsorship of its education program. As part of its commitment to the Eden Monaro region ANU has assisted the SCMDC in developing and promoting a range of educational activities to encourage interest in Environmental and Marine Science in local primary and secondary schools.
The Sapphire Coast Marine Discovery Centre offers great work experience and work placement programs incorporating a variety of tasks and skill sets. If you are interested in undertaking work experience or work placement with the discovery centre please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bookings are essential
To make a booking please contact us.
Fax: (02) 6496 2404Phone: (02) 6496 1699
Contact us online
“It is a great educational opportunity for students. Every student has taken away an increased knowledge and understanding of a marine ecosystem”
- Jacinta Preston, Science Teacher, Nagle College – Bairnsdale