Donate your time – Volunteer at the Discovery Centre
- we rely heavily on volunteers to exist and grow
- Board members all donate their time and resources voluntarily
- Volunteer Guides are provided with basic training on safety, OH&S, basic tour guiding, species identification and customer service.
- Our Volunteer Manual will assist new volunteers through this process.
You too can be a Discovery Centre Volunteer. Go to our Volunteer Page for more information.
Donate your finance
- As a Deductible Gift Recipient Charity, cash donations to our organisation are fully Tax Deductible.
- The Discovery Centre receives no core funding from the Government but does benefit from the rental income of the Wharf Building subtenants.
- This income supports our staff wages, insurances, Crown Lease annual rent, services (electricity, water, gas), Council rates etc.
- Donate online now to support our programs
Become an Associate Member
- Go to our Who we Are page to find out how to become an Associate Member of our organisation.
- There are lots of benefits for Associate Members - including the knowledge that your membership fees all help us to grow.
Donate your advice
- We welcome advice from professionals – contact us if you think you can help. If you have any specialist qualifications that may benefit the Discovery Centre, don’t hesitate to let us know!